8.21.2008

Superduperman


And now, without further ado...I introduce to you my favorite superhero:

Part jock, part mad scientist, part chef, part philosopher, possibly part fish (he is curiously well versed in aquatic issues), and most definitely all superhero. My husband, the mighty keystone of this arch family. He battles the conundrums at work all day, comes home to pick up the baby from day care, takes Obi to play with his canine friends, shops for various necessities for our home, and still has time to cook an elegant meal by the time I get home. He is my prince, my best friend, and I can’t be the beauty without his bronze. When I am lost, he is my North Star. When daily waves become choppy, he is my lifeguard. He is my kite to the stars and my anchor to the ground. How was I ever so lucky to find such a wonderful man?

Well, after so many failed relationships, I made a list of the qualities that I value in "the one". And Cam was 10 for 10. So, the first chance I got, I hit him with my club and I dragged him to my cave…LITERALLY. Fortunately for sad ol’ me, Cam decided I was the answer to a wish he once made upon a shooting star. From the very first date, which was 7 years ago this month, the forces of divinity and nature shook hands, Yin and Yang twirled in harmony, cats snuggled with dogs, and the planets came into perfect alignment with the stars. Life was AND is good. We will be married 5 years this month and my Superduperman continues to meet my everyday’s most quiet need. I LOVE YOU honey!!!

No comments:

the zen warriors