8.27.2008

colorado dreamin'


So, on my second night in Colorado Springs, I decided to turn on the news. I don't pay much attention to the sad-whackedout-rabidly violent stories reported by the evening news team ... my faith in humanity needs no further challenge. But there it was, some great news that perked up my soul, and it came straight from the KKTV meteorologist. "Chance of a thunderstorm tomorrow," he said as he gracefully passed his hand over a map of the city. Chance of a thunderstorm? Seriously? In the Summer? How rare is that? But no time to ask questions, I have to concentrate, and listen to this messenger dressed in a fine gray suit. He said the rain would come sometime in the afternoon, followed by a cold front that will chill the warm evening like a shivery surprise.

Summer rain... how deliciously rare. When was the last time I felt rain? It was so long ago, I could hardly remember the feel of wet drops on my skin, or the refreshing smell of dewy dampness, or the scrumptious sound of rolling thunder and gushing downpour. Ahhh, summer rain, sweaty monsoon, glorious storm...I can hardly wait to feel right as rain. I'm going to count down the minutes...starting now.

No comments:

the zen warriors